Old 02-03-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Readytodothis

About to head out of work and get my hair done-will probably pick up a hot chocolate on the way
So...I have been a problem drinker for too many years to count. I'm turning 40 this year and it all probably started in college. It was so fun, up until maybe 5 years ago. That is when I started dating the father of my 19 month old daughter, who I am still with today. Both of us drank shot upon shot of vodka daily until blacking out. When we started trying to get pregnant, I immediately stopped drinking and did great throughout the pregnancy and when she was first born. He has actually been sober for 3 years-his family and ironically enough, me, had an intervention for him! He completed detox and hasn't touched a drop since.
Anyways, after our daughter was born, things became very stressful, as she was diagnosed with a progressive, typically terminal illness. She was in the NICU for 2 months after her birth and has had numerous hospitalizations, including 3 surgeries in her short life. He has been able to stay sober through all of it...I, unfortunately, have not and have become, I guess, a binge drinker.
But....I have had enough...I have to stop. For myself, my own health, my family, my job and my daughter. She needs me to be well, so I can help take care of her.
That's the short of the long of it
I'm very excited to begin this journey with all of you. Have a wonderful night and stay sober!