View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sportdeck203

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
you'll be amazed how much fun and how enjoyable a weekend at the cabin with the kids is while sober.

who's cabin?
That's what I'm looking forward to, actually spending more quality time with them, it's my cabin, I bought it 17 years ago when I was 21, the level was really low at that time and people were practically giving them away, paid $15,000 for it and the water came back 2 years later, my wife's parents cabin was next door and that's how I met her, starting dating almost immediately after I met her, my parents cabin was on the other side of the lake at that time, both my wife and I grew up going to that lake every weekend and I'm so thankful that we can do the same for our kids, having a place like that so young I think might have contributed to my drinking, it's just what we did, sit around the fire with a drink in hand, I don't regret it at all because who knows where I'd be in life if I wouldn't have bought it but it's time to grow up and change my ways, my parents sold their cabin two years ago and now have a R/V parked in my yard, so there's us, my parents and her parents all there, it's our way of life, not going really isn't a option, just need to change my habits, out of all of them I'm the only really heavy drinker, and I may lose some friends but I guess I'll find out who the real ones are, so far the support from my friends and family has been incredible.