View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 08:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Jojay

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
Thanks everyone.
I will try and answer some of the questions...
I do attend a alcohol misuse center with a view to getting help, I do everything they ask of me to prove I am a good candidate for funding. I also see a counsellor and attend a Smart meeting.

In the UK you can't just go to A&E to get help, trust me I have tried.

I did attend AA in 2015 but I was not comfortable, that said I am not comfortable drinking all day so I intend on giving it another go starting this weekend.

Everytime I feel a little bit positive I seem to get knocked back for example a couple of days ago I was due to see my counsellor and had also arranged to go to an AA meeting afterwards-first time in a long time.
So before all this I walked my dogs and right at the end of the walk one of them had an accident, I had to rush him to the emergency vet for stitches, poor thing, so I was unable to keep my plans so once he was safely home again I just wallowed in self pity for both of us and hit the vodka feeling it was totally justified.
Hi Kaily there are several Christian Detox centres dotted around England.I live in the U.K also.A person needing a referal does not have to be a practicing Christian etc.But referal is usualy through a United reformed or other free church,plus Baptist movement.From referal to a placement is very swift.'Betell'Christian Detox might be worth researching?