View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sportdeck203

New guy, here's my story

Hi all, thanks for having me, little bit about myself, I'm a boat mechanic, married 13 years, 10 year old daughter and 8 year old son, my wife is not a drinker, I've been a drinker for 20 plus years, never drink during the week but every weekend I do, especially in the summer, we have a lake house that we go to and there's always beers on the boat or at the cabin, most nights there's 10 to 20 neighbors in my back yard all having a good time, I regularly stay up till 4 or 5 am and get up a 8 or 9, I'm not one to lay around, I still get up and get things done, but do so in a bad mood usually, always feel guilty by Sunday and tell myself I'll stop but by Friday I have myself talked into doing it all over again...

My son got into snowboarding last year and we went maybe 4 or 5 times only because it's a 2 hour drive one way and I don't feel like doing that hung over, well the hill opened on dec 17th this year and we were planning on going, went to a friends place for a few was supposed to be only a few, as usual my off button didn't work again that night and I don't even remember going home, I was so mad at myself, still drug my ass out of bed and went but felt like crap all day, I made a decision to stop that day, when we got to the hill I decided to buy a season pass for us even though I couldn't afford it at the time, put it on my credit card for $500 for the both of us as part of my plan to stop drinking and we have been going every weekend since then, I'm on day 48 right now, in the last 20 years 5 days is the longest I've gone, I've lost 22 pounds and feel the best I've felt in years, I'm not looking forward to summer, even tho I love the cabin and boating it will be hard, I just need to try and teach myself new things I guess, thanks for reading.