Old 02-02-2017, 11:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
TheBatman

Originally Posted by otter View Post
I woke up this morning with the flu feeling absolutely terrible. The good news is I have the sick days to deal with it as well as the upcoming weekend and it's the first time in probably 10 years I've caught it so I can't complain too much.

Anyway, as I was laying in bed staring at the ceiling trying to figure out what I could hold down for breakfast. For some reason I thought of another time when I was a small child I came down with and exceptionally bad case of the flu shortly after eating Polish sausage.

To this day, decades later, the smell of, let alone the taste of cooked Polish sausage will trigger my gag reflex.

I'm going somewhere with this, trust me.

Now, I must have withdrawn from alcohol 20+ times before calling it quits and I know at least a handful of those withdrawals were exponentially worse than a bad case of the flu. How the heck was I able to not only drink alcohol after such misery, but crave it when to this day I can't handle cooked Polish sausage?

Dumb post I know but there's not another group that would have an idea why this is perplexing me at the moment. Thanks for listening to me blabber.
Youre not blabbering, ive felt the same way at times. Sometimes my body cant stomach certain foods and i know its because of alcohlol abuse. Or sometimes i chug water and feel like throwing up because my brain thinks its alcohol. Sometimes i even taste alcohol when i havent drunk any. Sometimes i could drink alot and not feel sick and other days i can take one sip and be bed riddn sick for hours. Thats the life of an alcoholic i know how you feel. Our bodies are just off.