View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 05:16 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
gleefan

Originally Posted by paulokes View Post
Emotional Maturity...Spiritual Maturity...

Facebook is good for some things. Saw this today and thought it was excellent!

What is Spiritual Maturity?

1. Spiritual Maturity is *when you stop trying to change others,...instead focus on changing yourself.*

2. Spiritual Maturity is when you *accept people as they are.*

3. Spiritual Maturity is when you *understand everyone is right in their own perspective.*

4. Spiritual Maturity is when you* *learn to "let go".*

5. Spiritual Maturity is when you are able to *drop "expectations" from a relationship and give for the sake of giving.*

6. Spiritual Maturity is when you *understand whatever you do, you do for your own peace.*

7. Spiritual Maturity is when you *stop proving to the world, how intelligent you are.*

8. Spiritual Maturity is when you *don't seek approval from others.*

9. Spiritual Maturity is when you *stop comparing with others.*

10. Spiritual Maturity is when you *are at peace with yourself.*

11. Spiritual Maturity is when you *are able to differentiate between "need" and "want" and are able to let go of your wants.*

*& last but most meaningful !*

12. You gain Spiritual Maturity when you *stop attaching "happiness" to material things !!*

In my experience, it really is a slow and simple process and much more about coming to accept the world as it is, than trying to figure things out.

Peace

P
Paul - This list is wonderful.

All of them took work to attain, but since we're sharing, #2, 4, 8, 9, and 11 are my tougher sticking points.

BC - I accept myself as a "work in progress." I try to surround myself with people with good recovery, who will help me recognize if I am letting one of my character defects take over, and help me access the tools I need to let it go.