Old 02-02-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

I suggest adding a line 6.
'6. I will not now drink, ever again, no matter what'

Deciding to quit became a mindgame after I put the 'drink down'. One I realized I could win if I took my 'ball and went home' with the idea of no matter what.
My Beast loved to set the conditions that would lead /make me drink again. No Matter What makes any and all things nonnegotiable . If I were to list the things I need to do to stay quit and accept that if I fail to do anyone of those things , the AV would pounce "the desire is present, no use fighting, besides you tried but look since number x didn't happen, well..not your fault , if only you had done it you'd have been protected, so..maybe next time you'll remember or try harder"
No Matter What clause means I can have list or a routine that I think can help bolster my resolve, but I can't believe that that is the source of the resolve, the resolve is the fact that I don't want to be a drunk anymore , to guarantee that drinking is no longer ever an option, no matter what.
Have you considered putting Rational Recovery the New Cure for Substance Addiction on your reading list?
In the Secular Connections forum here on SR are some really great threads on those ideas.