View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 02:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Change4life

Unhappy came clean with family, they turned away

I decided if I were to have any chance of recovery I shouod come clean with my family. We live in different states so they have been unaware of the severity of my addictions. I finally decided to come clean in the hopes that they would give me the support I have been lacking in my search for recovery. I have been ana addict for many years and no one ever addressed the situation. Now that i asked for hlp my family has shut down, they are angry and I am now not allowed to see my niece, or nephew. I don't understand, and they don't understand. I have finally decided to try and change, but everyone is acting like this is a new issue, and I should get over it . What the hell is going on?? Throughout all my years of addiction I never asked anyone for anything. I am trying to get clean, and I still haven't asked anyone for anything, except some support through the sickness.. apparently they are above people like me. I am an addict I am sick what can I say. I came here to visit so I would be away from alll the drugs Now I have become more obsessed with getting high than I ever thought I could Imagine. I may leave early so I can get high, I am freaked out. Lynn, i dont know if you will see this thread, but I want you to know I love you, and I am sorry...............