View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
August252015

Ha, OOTT! Thanks It was a long and tremendous day.

Had a very good meeting today....it was on steps 5/6/7 basically....but the clencher was a friend of mine (we have a pretty intimate home group) admitted he drank over the weekend. It was really powerful- he survived cancer last year and didn't drink, and it was primarily the Xanax they put him on that he didn't stop once he "could" and the escape he began thinking he could handle.....a slap in the face reminder of what ONE drink (he had one then poured the rest of the bottle of Scotch out) would do to my life. I think I would physically come back to the program but I am not at all sure (highly doubt) that I would emotionally come back to the kind of program I have now. Not going to try it. This is a wonderful life I have built and I just don't want to do anything to lose it.

Days off are great for things like meetings and the time after- my sponsor and I went out and we did steps 6 and 7 more "officially" - she is so awesome and I am blessed to have her. It's also cool that she and Cliff know each other and are equally admired and liked by the other.

Life is good today.

Nap - then Greek food for dinner! We haven't done gyros yet and there is a place here that is the best in Atlanta for that (and their tzatziki sauce is delicious too).

Love to all-
A