Thread: Need help
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 09:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Hello,

I'm glad you went to a meeting. Do you still have alcohol in your house? If so, get rid of it.

What helped me was finally saying enough. I got sick of alternating between periods of sobriety and failed attempts at moderation. I was sick of waking up fuzzy headed, sick of dragging to get through the day, and knowing that I might have been productive, but was in no way living up to my full potential. I got sick of being a good enough mom, wife, friend, employee, person, and wanted to be my best me in each if those circumstances. I took alcohol completely off the table.

In the beginning i needed to plan out my evenings: long walk, actitives with kids, bubble bath, reading, journaling, home project, Netflix series, time posting on SR. I needed to keep myself busy. Gradually those things just became part of my daily routine and I stopped obsessing about drinking. The physical want went away pretty quickly, the mental took a little longer.

I am now one year, and almost one month sober, and it is rare when I think about drinking. However, I still read and post here daily, and do other things that are part of my recovery, because they are good for making me a better me.

You can do this. I promise it is worth it!

❤️Delilah