Old 01-26-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Now, before you go all defensive, about this....I am only speculating to trigger your thoughts...not criticizing.....lol.....
Yeah, what she said ^^

My dating history is poor. I rarely dated around, I typically started dating someone and it quickly turned into a long term relationship. Also started dating very late in life, no real relationships in high school or college.

After that, 3 relationships, two of them 4 years long , this one 10 years long, and that's my entire dating history of any relationship. Never dated in high school or college, so zero short term dating history.

How much time have you spent alone since you started dating, Wells? How much time do you average alone in between long-term relationships?

So my thoughts when relationships happened fast and people latched were always - "Of course they are! You're awesome and they just found you and you're the best person they've ever met!" Etc etc. So it is a self-esteem boost I suppose but also deep down I definitely feel like a GOOD person. I feel successful in basically all things, except love.

So knowing that I am a decent, loving, stable, successful person in most other ways, I just need to determine the way to bring that stability and mindfulness into relationships.........

..... I just want to enhance what is a good (albeit somewhat empty feeling now) life and share it with someone.
(remember that thought-trigger-not-personal-attack-thing, ok?)

Do YOU like you, Wells? Really, all the way to your core, Like and Love yourself for who & what you are?

Not - do you like your Life, do you like YOU?

I keep hearing you needing external validation for your personal acceptance.