View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

No discussion of any program or method matters in the long run, if you continue to choose to drink.
Personally , learning about RR/AVRT helped me to realize I was making the choice, uneven though it 'felt' like the choice was being made without my ultimate consent. My addiction was driving the choice , and in that sense always will, but when it came right down to it I was the one going to the store, I was the one using my hands and arms to lift the drink to my mouth, the addiction has no real power to do that , I was letting It control me and giving It the only means of indulging Its desire.
Deciding once and for all to never drink again and then challenging the addiction to try and even make one finger flinch without My direction was when I realized the choice was mine.
Find your choice and then find the support you need , if any, to bolster your resolve. No one or thing can find or give you that choice or ability, you already have it in you , the addiction wants you to believe you need to find it or get it somewhere or from some other thing.
If you really want it , it is yours , make the decision , you absolutely can, rootin for ya