View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FeelingGreat
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by wontbeme View Post
Thank you all that took the time to respond. It really means a lot to know that everyone here understands what I am going through.

I am curious...does everyone have to deal with the Jeckyll/Hyde behaviour with their SO's? I am never sure where my AW's real thoughts come from; when sober, she is the sweetest person with never a bad thing to say about anyone and loves everyone, but, after a few drinks, she compares everyone else to the devil, and portrays herself as a saint.

It is maddening.
Not a spouse, but my mother was like that from about when I was 12 and her and dad started drinking sessions at home. She was a great mother when sober, and a great school teacher, but nasty as all h** once she'd had even one drink. She would make up fights out of nothing and even carry them on the next day, when she'd sober up. I can honestly say it made my teen years very unhappy and we all used to dread the evenings when Dad brought home beer.

Yes, we tried telling her and Dad. It had no affect whatever, we were just accused of being killjoys.

If your AW won't stop drinking you have to accept this is part of your marriage.