View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Sodevastated

Originally Posted by PuzzledHeart View Post
SoDev, I pursued my graduate degree when my son turned one. I took my entrance exams and wrote up my applications when my son was deep into his colic period. It was fantastic preparation for the year ahead.

I felt a little strange when I finally got to campus - I thought I was going to be the only parent there. That was not the case at all, and the parents I befriended are still friends to this day.

One time, my son got the stomach bug and puked all over me and the floor the night before a group assignment was due. The morning after, I met with my group. We were all supposed to work on the issue individually and then compare results. When I told them what happened the night before, the rest of the group expected me to follow my gastrointestinal recap with an apology for not doing the work. But when I pulled out the sheath of paper containing my answers, they knew they were busted. Only one other person in the group had managed to pull it off. He and I listened patiently as they talked about hangovers and scheduling conflicts. But they knew that their excuses paled in comparison to mine.

In other words, moms rule in school!
Wow, well done Puzzledheart ! What an accomplishment to finish school while having a baby to take care of. I hope I can do it too. At the moment Aaron's impossible. He cries all day long and I'm home alone and I just can't do my assignments for school. As soon as I sit down by my computer...he starts crying. He falls asleep and I think : Yes, now I will be able to get to work! And then 5 mins later he starts over again. Oh dear...I'll try working on my assignments in the evenings when my parents are at home. Thanks for the words of encouragement 😊