Thread: Sober 2 years
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
patrickt1

Sober 2 years

Hi there folks
I've been sober for 2 years and I feel healthier and know how much better of I am without it health ways.
However I must say, over these past 2 years I have found it harder to bond with others and my mental health has suffered without alcohol through anxiety issues and depression.
Mostly I miss the adventures I had with alcohol at my side and I missed how quickly I bonded with new people and how outgoing I was. I'm a musician and I play live often the stage is my safe place believe it or not I feel more anxious amongst the crowd than I do on stage.
I got severe acute pancretits 2 years ago due to daily heavy drinking for a few years and told I couldn't drink ever again.
I really understand this and know I'm risking my life if I drink again but for some reason I miss the alcohol and the times I had. I now reslly struggle to have fun unless I'm performing on stage. I find it harder to bond and be part of things and feel a real sense of injustice like I've been robbed of having fun on nights out while I'm watching everyone else drink.
Am I being stupid feeling this after 2 years, any advice would be really appreciated