View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
paulokes

Nice post Darkling. I have a very good female friend (from work) that I talk to regularly. We hug often. We've known each other for 5 years bit have probably been closer recently. Like you say...will never be more than that, and that is perfect. I have other close platonic female friendships also. The ones where there is an unambiguous barrier to romantic involvement are the best.

I have also developed male friendships that are very close, people I can talk to whenever, about whatever.

IMO this is incredibly healthy. If I'm ever with someone again, I will continue to nurture and maintain these other friendships. We crave closeness as human beings. One of my issues over the years is looking for that exclusively with one person . Not healthy for my life in general, and not healthy for that one relationship...IMO.

Of course I crave one relationship where I can express myself fully, including sexuality, friendship, trust...

But I better not go looking for everything, all in one person, and only with that person. That right there is dependence and lots of bad things happen before, during and after

P