View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

Good morning. Hope you are feeling better soon SG. I find lately I've been reluctant to taking any medication. So strange, even tylenol makes me think. I guess, we are just instinctively being more aware? Not sure.

Talks of AA helped me remember about a tv show that I watched on the plane. It was a sitcom about this single mother of two who is a recovering alcoholic. She goes to AA and takes to the podium talking about herself and how she was raised by an alcoholic mother. Then when she sits down, the woman behind her tells her she shouldn't blame the parents. The young mom turns, rolls her eyeballs and says hi mom. I know it doesn't sound funny the way I'm writing, but it really was, and it was well done. I can't remember what it was called, I think it was "Mom". I watched the 3 episodes they airline had loaded, and they end up forging a relationship in recovery together as the single mothers teenaged daughter adds to the dynamic.

I, myself, used the online Rational Recovery, and it really helped me seal the deal this time around (this is not the first time I quit, but it certainly is the longest). I would be reluctant to hit an AA group, people in my area tend to talk, and everyone knows us, especially my husband, who lived here all his life, so it would through the whole concept of Anonymous right off for me.

The weather is stunningly beautiful! All this snow is actually melting, so strange, but I know it won't last, so we are going to spend some time outdoors today. But, first, we have to get our butts in gear for hockey practice!