View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
2muchpain

making a difference

Just when I think my existence doesn't make a difference, I was shown that that's not true. I was in a class of 8th graders. It was a big class with a lot of very disruptive students. Couldn't care less about the work. They were more interested on hitting on each other, texting on their phones, feeling sorry for themselves, etc. I had enough so did what I hate to do. I yelled at them and told them to sit down. To my surprise, they listened to me. I went on a rant about their behaviors and lack of interest in getting a good education and how that will affect them in the future. I was really on a roll cause I hate seeing kids wasting their lives. I went on and on and noticed most of them actually listening to me. Couldn't believe it cause these kids are really hard core. The nice thing about being a sub is I don't have to worry about being PC. They didn't finish the work, but I gave them something to think about. Who knows; maybe one kid will come to school Monday with a different attitude. Love those kids. John