View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Asthecrowflies

New to the forum, and struggling.

I posted my story over in women's revovery, but to summarize, I'm 2.5 weeks sober 🤗 after 9 years of off/on maintenance drinking. I'm really commuted to staying sober this time, as I got sober on my own terms and not because I was pregnant, or because I thought it was what my husband wanted, etc... but, I'm really struggling with anxiety, the days feel like they drag on, and I have no attention span or motivation. Feeling almost dead inside, and on auto pilot. The only thing I seem to feel is this crushing anxiety all day, every day. It's something I struggled with for yeara before I began drinking around the clock, and it's back full throttle now that I'm sober.
Is there any online AA or support programs anyone can suggest? Any suggestions for coping? How long before I can start to feel "normal" again? My husband says he remembers at about the 9 months sober mark, he felt much better. He's very supportive, but I'm feeling like he's been sober so long (25 years +) and forgets that he had a supoort group through rehab and many years of AA.

Thanks for any suggestions