Thread: Over and Over
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I brought this reading here today because it reminded me of how and why recovery, OUR recovery works.

When I was enmeshed in my son's addiction and the life that went with it, I taught myself to think like an addict, thinking I could keep one step ahead of him and expose all his faults. I thought the thoughts of fear, sadness, manipulation and hopelessness and lived the results of those thoughts every day.

It was only when I was exhausted and defeated that I took a chance and reached out for help, here and at meetings, and once I made that change..."I" began to change. My thoughts changed and with that, my actions changed.

Slowly, a little at a time, I taught myself a new way to think and live...and that has made all the difference.

We can and do survive anything life throws at us, when we live the thoughts and actions of survival and discard all remnants of "victim".

You cannot lift a thousand pounds all at once. Yet you can lift one pound a thousand times.
One thought, one brave day, and your life can change forever. One day at a time you can find joy and beauty in every single day...I promise you that because I have seen it happen.

Just a thought to begin the process today, ponder this a while and see if you don't feel just a little empowered.

Hugs