View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

Yeah... I don't know why they're called pity parties. It's ANYTHING BUT a party.

Just had my 50th. Thats an open ticket to party till you puke, Right? I was feeling pity the day before. Found myself setting high expectations 50th birthdays, and knew I had to snuff those thoughts out and quick.

Afterall, maybe my fiance had a surprise up her sleeve. Maybe dinner out to the awesome seafood joint I've mentioned I wanted to hit a few times. Maybe get a huge, juicy steak. What right did I have to already feel pity for something that hasn't even happened yet?

I was able to successfully bury those thoughts. Wasn't properly addressed I think. Just buried. No idea what else to do really.

Well... It ended up being pretty lame alright. We ate at home. Carry out BBQ and some crab legs from Sam's Club. The girls decorated for me. That was sweet.

Past that, I got a text from my brother and my oldest son wishing me a happy birthday. Nothing from my mom or my youngest son. It was pretty brutal. Thank God a had a day head start on dealing with the pity!