View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
DontRemember

Originally Posted by Algorithm View Post
I'm truly sorry for your loss, K66, but this is an extremely dangerous time for you to drink. There will be nothing to slow down the descent if you go down that path, and you run the risk of losing everything. Losses that you cannot imagine. You need to think clearly, save your money, and focus, because finding a job is a job unto itself.

DO NOT DRINK under any circumstances. Please trust me on this, and get rid of the supply. I don't say this merely because we are on a recovery forum.
So true! I've been down this road with loss of job=drink,breakup=drink,ect.. All roads led me to AA,via the court system BUT, AA non the less. Drinking over loss,when you have a problem drinking, does nothing but, lead to more drinking,because now you have a drinking problem again. Vicious cycle that I've been on for the past 3yrs,while here, and many years before I admitted to myself I had a problem.
Nothing good has EVER come from my drinking! Someone here once told me "Looks like drinking isn't doing you any favors." That was a fact! A fact I ignored, that would have saved me a lot of money,time,stress and self/relationship(s) harm. I was just talking to one of partners this morning about how I tried to 'hide' my problems/worries for years.. The problems don't just go away. they'll be there tomorrow.