View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
HopeandFaith1

Originally Posted by KAD View Post
That's great that your BP returned to normal. I'd urge you not to do what I did and look at that as having dodged a bullet and then decide it's safe to drink again. My BP used to return to normal within about 6 weeks of quitting drinking. I've currently been sober a year and 9 months, and this time it still hasn't returned to normal. I'm still on 2 BP meds. So, the moral of the story is cherish your good health and don't push your luck! You might just not be so lucky next time.
After more than 20 years of intensive research on the effects of long term alcoholism, I have concluded that any decision on my part to pick back up at this point would be complete insanity. To be honest if high blood pressure was the worst of my worries, I probably never would have stopped drinking - however along with the high BP comes a host of other very undesirable health conditions and behavior problems that I would prefer to stay away from. I have a feeling that if I chose to go back out at this point, I might not make it back again.