View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
blackened83

Originally Posted by whatcouldbe View Post
I have been sober for 14 days and happy for these last two weeks of my life. I am in this wholeheartedly. With that being said, about 3 days in i started on a medication (dr prescribed) for depression and anxiety (probably related to alcohol but not reason it was prescribed). Ok now for the question, upon taking this medication my smoking has ceased, mood increased, everything medicine was supposed to do thank God finally! But also my desire to drink and impulsivity to do so is also gone. I have no difficulty with my av or my resolve. I like my life much better without alcohol, but how does one ever know if alcohol is the cause or if depression and improper treatment led to the alcoholism...does it matter? I dont know...just thinking out loud...
I was gonna post about this subject and i saw your post. I was having a really bad time with my life, bankrupcy and break up.. I decided to stop drinking and my dr also prescribed me some meds. First it was hard with all the side effects, but it did not kill my desire to drink at all.
its been 4 months and i can say i became a social drinker. I didn`t think i was able to do that. I don`t think about drinking at all. Just a couple of beers once in a while. And i don`t keep drinking the next days (which is huge for me). Anyway this is the bright side.

However, i think i am addicted to the meds now. My dr. and idecided that i can quit the meds and we created a tempering program. I am slowly cutting the meds but i feel like my world is ending and there is nothing i can do about it. I am having a lot of racing thoughts, i feel like everything is bad, etc. The withdrawl is so bad. I think it is easier to quit drinking than to quit medication. At least it is for me...

I wouldn`t recommend to anyone using medication unless it is really your last hope. I wouldn`t have started if i new it would be this hard to come off.

I hope this was helpful to someone..