View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lilro

Good Morning Joy and Welcome to the forum!

It's pretty early so if I am a bit unable to eloquently thread together a sentence please forgive me but I need to comment on this post.

You have already received some great advise above. Please get yourself into an Alanon meeting so you can see/hear exactly what it is you are dealing with. Read around the forum, read the stickies on top. I'm not sure if you have had any experience with being in a relationship with someone that has an alcohol problem but Hun it is no joke! Every one of us here for the most part was at one time or is in love with our alcoholic, you are no exception but a sentence in your post stuck out to me.. " he loves me as much as an alcoholic can ". Is that the kind of love you are looking for? Why would you settle for that? Yes, settle. What is it about YOU that makes you believe you do not deserve sooooooooo much more than that from someone?? These are questions I would be asking myself.
You say that he doesn't drink when he is with you. Hmmmmm.. I can almost guarantee that he more than likely is drinking, just hiding it better.
You are a year in. A year! Many here on this forum have been in 10/20/30 years, married, children, their lives are falling or have fallen apart being the partner to a person with alcoholism. You my love have a huge advantage plus it's long distance. think about what the future holds for you if you continue on with this "relationship" ( and I use that word lightly ). Your relationship is with him... His is with alcohol. You, your wants, your needs, will ALWAYS come second even if he gets help, ALWAYS. Think about it!
We are here for you.
Ro