Thread: Dry drunk
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zjw

i quit willingly tho one could argue i could no longer afford it fincially or health wise. but i willingly quit to see if it would keep my panic attacks away. I remained a pretty miserably anxious depressed wreck for many many many more months after i quit. One could argue that my thinking was effed up and that i did not put forth the proper effort and taht is why i was a dry drunk etc.. Now in my case I think looking back say going to AA right away might have been helpful but i did not go becuase I did not feel I i had a drinking problem yet. I did not feel I was an alcholic till i had about a years sobriety.

But had i gone to AA sooner would that have fixed my depression and anxiety and made the paws go away? Would it have made me a happier person instead of a typical miserable dry drunk who wished he could have a drink but was unable to becuase of the horrible panic attacks?

I dont think it would have. I dont think it would have brought me happieness and peace any sooner then I did find it. But I do think it would have been helpful in explaining to me all the insanity that iw as going through. I thought i was wacked and I probably was But I had no idea what I was going through was typical for the alcholic trying to dry out.

I guess if you totally dry out you'll realize you have no need for booze. in time you'd probably find your a lot happier without it then with it.