Thread: My wife left me
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 07:55 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Mester View Post
Well @ScottFromWI. I know you are trying to help me, but you and I are never on the same page. To be honest, half the things you say to me I throw out the window. I'm sorry I'm not doing it the way you would. There's more than one way to skin a cat. I am in DAILY contact with my sponsor. AA is not the only way to get sober. He's shown me a couple of different ways. I've been to an outpatient meeting. It was fantastic because we didn't have to talk about all those stupid steps that I'm never going to do and, honestly, didn't do the first four years I was sober except for #1. My motivation is getting my wife back. I get my wife back, I get my kids back. If she never comes back, it's being the best Father I can be.
HALT. We're never supposed to be that, right? Well, I'm hungry because my appetite is ****. I'm angry because you made me angry. I'm lonely because my wife and kids aren't here and I'm in my house by myself. I'm tired because I haven't slept. With that said, I still haven't given in to the bottle and I've had plenty of opportunity.
And you quoting me about why I wear a fitbit and me explaining my job. I am a police officer. Excuse me for not wanting to be some 300lb, donut eating stereotype
I think you missed my point, sorry if you misunderstood. I wish you the best of luck in whatever program you choose.