Thread: Hi guys
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoALover

Hi guys

I'm assuming that this is where I make my first post. I'm a functional alcoholic who is spiraling fast. I've known deep down for awhile but I kept making jokes about it, plus justifying it because I never drive when I drink.

It just stopped being funny lately and I'm tired of it. Tired of needing alcohol every single night, tired of feeling awful all day because I drank the night before. Tired of looking like a zombie all the time, of not living up to my full potential, and definitely tired of that drinking fog all the time.

The worst part though, is that I have 3 really amazing kids and they deserve better than this. I'm very loving to them and never neglect or abuse them but what if something happened one night ? I couldn't even drive.

And it just isn't a good example for them. It's also really taking a toll on my health. So, here I am. This may sound like a small thing, but I didn't drink at all last night

For me, that is a huge deal ! It is really awesome making up sober for the first time in a very, very long time

Sorry that I rambled on so long, lol.