Old 08-29-2005, 06:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
lifeseeker

Thanks again,
It's nice to be able to find something positive waiting for me when I wake up in the morning. I usually wake up feeling more and more trapped in this disease.
I must be crazy, but I'm feeling better every time I think about or write about my decision. I have a ton of problems to take care of. The financial thing would up there. Debt has taken over my life. I'm going to try something different today, and tell my debtors the truth. *YUCK*
The biggest part of it all is going to be the easiest amazingly enough. Getting sober. I know for a fact I will not drink while at my moms house, I just know that without a doubt. The hard part is going to be dealing with life. You see, this is where I fail miserably...if that makes any sense at all. It's just been easier to say the heck with it all, have a drink. Now I won't have an escape. I suppose that's what I've been searching for all along. A way to live life without running away from it constantly. I've heard time and time again that AA can help, so that's where I'll go first.
I feel like a child all over again, starting my life in an adult body. It's not the easiest thing to admit.
At least I didn't drink yesterday, and I woke up in better spirits. That matters more to me than I thought it would.
ls