Thread: Is it too late?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

It is never too late, Snazzy!

Granted, I am younger than you at 43, but I hope I never go gentle into that good night. There is too much to do, see and experience on this beautiful earth while I have days left on it. Let's see, if I live to be 100, that's over 20,000 days of newness and possibility.

I take much inspiration from people who are in their "old age" but don't seem to recognise it. To zjw's post, I give you Ed Whitlock, who at 85 years old is still running sub 4:00 marathons.

Ed Whitlock: The 85-year-old marathon record breaker - BBC Sport

He ran his first marathon at 44.

Or how about Ernestine Shepherd who is an 80 year old bodybuilder. She took it up at your age ... 56.

MEET ERNESTINE | Ernestine Shepherd

So I think it's a valid question. Too late for what?

Even if bodybuilding or marathons are not your thing, at least these wonderful individuals prove that there is still a world of possibility beyond the age when most of us think our lives are descending into some sort of inevitable decline and conclusion.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time Snazzy. I'm just hoping to shift your perspective at least a little so that you see that the question "is it too late?" could be framed as "what can I do with all this time I have left"?