View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
khyzer35

mental health after I quit drinking

Hello everyone,
I am new here but I have been drinking for about 4 years now...
I developed depersonalization after smoking weed a little over 4 years ago. I was completely sober from weed and alcohol for 6 months then started drinking to help with what i was going through.
Anyways Ive been drinking everyday for most of those 4 years and only stopped for a month last year, and then recently from 12/1/2016 to 12/28/2106. towards the end of my drinking I was at about a pint a night but never drinking during the day. I have still had depersonalization this whole time and some anxiety these 4 years, but even when I quit last month I didnt have such severe anxiety and or depression. Well 12/28/2106 I started drinking again up to 1/5/2017 where I was doing heavy drinking all day and all night pretty much none stop. The last 2 days of my drinking I was basically sleeping all day and night only to wake up to take shots of alcohol. Then 1/5/2016 i went to the ER after waking up from a black out with a major panic attack and still drunk...Turns out I could have died if I didnt go to the hospital due to severe dehydration and other problems due to the booze..So now to my concern..Is it normal for me to still feel soo anxious and depressed and my head so out of wack 4 days after I stopped (this is day 4 sober)? Since other times I quit I didnt experience this intense anxiety? Is it because I drank so much all day and night with no breaks that my brain is taking so long to recover? Sorry If I haven't composed this so well, im just needing opinions of people in hopes of that someone can tell me my brain will eventually go back to not being so anxious and depressed.