View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 02:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SmallButMighty

I had to take some "time off" from my young adult daughter not long after her father and I separated. I heard his hateful words being repeated from her mouth and I just didn't have tolerance for that. I didn't deserve it and I wouldn't listen to it.

I think she needed space from me at the time as well. She had to let the new family dynamic settle. And she had to learn there were MANY more facts involved than what she was hearing from her father....

Like Dandy said... left her alone, and she came home wagging her tail behind her ( more like, tucked between her legs and quite contrite as a matter of fact)

Today, a couple years later, she is back to being one of my very best friends. She has a good relationship with both me and her father on very separate terms. She had to grow up enough to realize that mom and dad just weren't a single unit anymore. Even for an adult that can be a hard pill to swallow, and one that takes some time to digest.

Hang in there. Those kids will come around eventually. It sounds like you are doing quite well detaching from the negative and enjoying your positive people.

Last edited by SmallButMighty; 01-09-2017 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling