View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Sodevastated

Originally Posted by glitterdeva View Post
I am so sorry for your loss. The father of my children passed away this April, we both have remarried a while ago, he was very involved in my girls lives though, he was their best friend. It was an accidental overdose, and his wife found him on the floor when she came home from work. I think about him daily, my girls got his ashes, they are grieving in a way where no matter what I do or say, I cannot make their pain go away. I wish I could. They are 14 and 12 and they are hurting so bad. Kids growing up in addiction, regardless of what is going on at home, they know. They might not know all the details, but they KNOW.

I have dreams about him. I cannot imagine what my kids feel. But then I think about the fact that he could have died when they were home (they went to his house every other weekend). Seeing their dad overdose I look at my children and see so much good that is from him in them. They are his creations and he will always live through them. I know its hard to accept this, but everything happens in its own time. He is no longer in pain and my children will never find him dead on the floor. They will remember him as an amazing father.

I know it's so painful and hard now, but you will be there for your son, and your husband will always be a part of your life.
Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry for your loss and the sake of your children. Addiction is such a horrible disease. But I'm happy they didn't see their dad die. I'm very sad and it is so hard, especially that my son won't even get to know his father. The only thing I can be grateful for in this misery is that my son won't see his dad in active addiction, and that none of us had to see him die. Thank God.

I hope my husband will be with me and our son and that we will meet again one day.

God bless you