View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 01:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Precious64

Nobody left but my husband

I'm thank-ful to my husband for staying with me.....But feel so alone.... I have no friends... Nobody cares....Calls ...Emails...Texts or PMS me...I recently lost a new job I so loved.....I am nothing but negative ... Sad... And ... Lonely.....I am 2 months sober simply because my husband keeps track of where I am at all times...

I've lived my entire life with depression.... Inadequacy around people...Not feeling worthy of friendships...So I sabotaged them along the way.

Then the one relationship I trusted.....My husband.... Chose to have an affair....I chose alcohol to deal with the pain and heartbreak....Not realizing that I would/ could become addicted and reliant on it.... Alcohol has been My Life since 2001....

I've tried talk therapy... Doesn't help... Albeit....I just tried it for a couple of months last year..,I am so tired of listening to my mind and all of the negative thoughts.....But then again....It's allI know..This is ME....

My new job only lasted several months..I started drinking....Yep...While working....Eventually one of my co-workers smelled it....And that was the end of what was a New Beginning for me....I'm 52..... Wasted 1/2 of my adult life......I'M miserable..... Thanks so much for listening