View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 09:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Hi Charlie. Pot and alcohol do certainly lower your defenses and make you more susseptable to going back to H, which I'm assuming is your drug of choice. Pot and alcohol were what the problem was for me personally, I never had the misfortune to come across herion in my drug using, but if I had I'm sure I would have loved it. From what I understand it is similar to pot, but way more, if that makes sense. If that is indeed the case you can see why the pot and alcohol are making you crave. You are getting some of the high you want, but not the whole thing. You are teasing yourself in a way. The cravings do get better, but if you keep going part way, the time will probably come when you give in and go back to the H. From what I understand, detoxing from H can be a truly miserable experience. Do you really want to have to go through that again? Think it through to the end, not just the "enjoyable" part of getting high. Remember what it feels like when you come down and "need" to get more. Remember what the detox is like. If you have never been to an NA meeting, maybe try that. But dont' give in. And stop teasing yourself with the pot and booze, you already know you are setting yourself up, you said it yourself. Best of luck to you. Urges will pass. Take care.