View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoberLifeForMe

Substitute for cooking with wine

Has anyone found a good substitute for cooking with white wine? My wife is a very normal drinker. She could have a bottle of wine in the fridge that would last literally months. I could never quite figure that out.

Anyway, I was never a wine drinker, but I would periodically use some of her white wine in cooking, particularly Brussels sprouts (and other things, too). After returning from detox, my wife and I agreed that we'll have an alcohol free home and all alcohol is now out of the house.

I'm wondering if white grape juice or sparkling grape juice would be a good substitute for cooking? Or, are there any other good options? I love my Brussels sprouts and want the taste to remain as close as possible to how they tasted when I cooked with wine.

Please note that I don't want this to be a discussion of if one should cook with alcohol or not. I've seen those discussions on here multiple times and understand both sides. I simply want to know about a good substitute, because I won't be cooking with wine any longer.