View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
madgirl

Very Happy New Year

To the lovely people here at SR.

New Years Day 2016 I was incredibly hungover and about to come down with a wicked flu. I was working way too hard in an incredibly toxic corporate environment, paid far less than I should have been, and was starting to drink in the mornings to take the edge off the panic/sickness of nights before.

I resigned from that job in March, and on March 15, 2016 I was on day one of sobriety.

All spring I walked my beagle miles each day and read here, posted here, complained, admitted when I reaaaallly wanted a drink and listened to advice instead.

I found a new job for significantly more money, we moved into a beautiful home and I acquired another beagle girl so now I have two dogs

My son and I are connecting in a consistent way, my sleep is good and I am beginning to feel a deep peace I have not felt since I was very young.

Tonight I sit in a clean and well ordered home, two dogs beside me, with the delicious scent of honeysuckle candles (let us think of spring! ) and I am so profoundly grateful I listened to you and stayed the course.

I look forward to month ten, eleven and then celebrating a full year of sanity. I continue working my plan and reading here every day.

So happy new year!!! And to the brand newbies - please have faith and stay the course. It GETS BETTER!!!