View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 01:43 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Leezer

And so it is New Year's Eve....well isn't that special, lol.

What a GREAT year. One of the most growthful of my life. It has had its downs, for sure, but overall it was a great year for me, and a year in which I fully committed to claiming my life as MINE and doing something to change years' worth of a really bad problem that was leading me to nowhere good....As I reflect there are soooo many things to be grateful for that it is almost impossible to enumerate them all....but I am overall grateful for my sobriety and the inner strength I mustered to achieve it, and also for all of my Fort Feb Friends who have been there for me and the amazing Sir Dee.....

2017 will be a HUGE year for me....a lot of unknowns....will I go back to school and start a completely new life this year, after teaching for 21 years? Perhaps. The applications are in. This has consumed me, and for the next three months I need to just let it be...I will hear from all universities by March 15th and then have to make an in-writing decision by April 15th...many factors have to be evaluated, but for now I need rest from the tug-o-war in my brain.....As Badger has said to me numerous times, I'm only setting myself up with options, and, best as I see it, options are a GREAT thing.......

I also want to reclaim my health in 2017.....I never really got a hold of the eating after I quit, and I am 45 now and need to take my life seriously, health-wise. Too many cheeseburgers will kill you as easily as too many beers....but I have held off on my old college-try for that for 2017.

I'm all-in. Let's make 2017 even better than 2016
Love you guys and I'm never leavin',
Lee