View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 10:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
honeypig

Side note, I sent him pictures of all of the bruising today. Told him I was not being nasty, or starting a fight, but wanted him to see what transpired on my end of things.

Then asked what we would tell our daughters, if it were them. I have three daughters, he has two. He's pretty remorseful and scared today. Yet again, Groundhog Day.
Not sure there is any point in this, itk. Sounds to me like stepping back onto the merry-go-round, wanting him to see how wrong he is and admit it, the same thing you've been doing for years and years. Really, who cares if he's remorseful and scared for a day or two? Long-term change is all that matters, not a day of feeling guilty...and the change that matters most right now is yours, not his.

It seems to me that you need every single ounce of energy, every second of every minute of every day, to change your living situation and move on w/your life. In your shoes, I think I'd go no contact except as absolutely needed. He's spent years showing you who he is. That's not changing overnight. Put on your blinders and stay on your side of the street.