View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
How does she do with other children? Does she have friends? I worked with girls. Some of them just weren't kind. Their classmates would tolerate it up to a certain age. By about third grade, the unkind children wouldbegin to find friendships difficult. They had used up their cred, as it were.
She has a few friends. Seems to get along well with them. last week she had been with her mom for 2 nights (after not having seem mom for those 10 days) and then she spent 3 nights in a row with her friend at friend's house. The parents said she is wonderful to have around.

She also was on her best behavior when my mom was in town. Super sweet and engaging with her and my mom fell in love with her. The next day, the child was a holy tyrant again. She used to be extremely loving towards me, as well, but the past few months we've seen her pulling away from me, from her mother, and battling her father over every little thing.

She just flat out refused a second ago to go to the grocery store with me. I gave her a bunch of choices of things to do: bike riding, hiking, taking the dog for a walk, playing tennis, or getting juice before we go the grocery store. Nope, she says she just wants to watch TV. I tried arguing with her for a second until she yelled at me that she just plain old wasn't going to go and there was nothing I could do to make her.

Fine. I told her I wasn't going to argue so I'll just go back to my studying and finishing the Christmas clean up and she can entertain herself. I also told her that I don't like to waste time arguing over stuff like that so if she decides she wants to do something with me, she's welcome to ask.

I have no idea how to deal with kids like this, lol. My parenting style is: I don't take bull crap from kids and I expect obedience. I expect respect for authority, etc.....HAHAHAHAHA.....well, God's obviously testing my patience with this one right now because I am not cut out for this kind of arguing and deliberate disobedience, you know?

I usually let the bf take the lead, but he's meeting with a new prospect today and was desperate for me to watch her because her mother pushed the little one off on us last night even though she was supposed to have K last night and today. The mom does this to us often; just texts him and asks if we can take K because she can't handle it anymore or she sometimes makes up other excuses. I feel for the girl, but at the same time, I have no idea how to be in this 'stepparent' role with a difficult child.