View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grateful09

Sleep - too much of a good thing?

Hello soberrecovery friends,

I am five days into recovery and wondering who else has experienced the following two things:
(1) Excessive sweating at night (would do this when drinking too, but I expected it to stop in recovery since I'm not giving my body as much that it needs to purge) and
(2) Excessive sleeping. I am also waking up in the middle of the night, but I expected that. With the excessive sleeping, if it's a vacation day or weekend, I could easily sleep 10 hours and then not even feel refreshed. If it's a work day, I have to drag myself out of bed and then feel sleepy during the day (sleepier than when I was drinking, ironically).

Anyone else experienced these? This may be basic information to some of you, but I've been trying not to do internet searches about these things right now, since recovery has been stressful enough. Also, I will be seeing the doctor soon so I can talk directly to a trusted source.

But I really would appreciate knowing if anyone else has experienced these or is currently experiencing them. And what do you do to cope? Thank you.