Old 12-29-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
amy55

I'm actually doing really good. I know many here suggested I go "no contact" with this one a real long time ago. I couldn't till after the baby shower that we hosted for my son and daughter-in-law. Even after she walked out of the baby shower crying hysterically because her sister asked her to quiet down, and then I told her that it wasn't her day, it was a day that we are celebrating the parents to be, her reply to that was that I'm the only person who is being supportive to her during her divorce. (eye roll here) I thought it was the end that day, but it wasn't......

I text my son right after I hung up on her. Just said "I'm sorry, I just hung up on your sister". She was on the phone calling him right after I hung up. At least I gave him the "heads up" on the incoming phone call. (lol)

I had a long conversation with my son last night also. He thanked me for putting up with her for so long, and he asked me how I was being supportive to her, because he needed to know how to be supportive without falling for her BS. So, I told him. I told him that when she calls and she is irrational, try to break into the conversation asap, and ask if any thing was decided by a judge yet, if not to remind her that she cannot control another person, you need a judges decision. Just keep quoting the law, and tell her you are telling her this because you are supportive to her, you just don't want her to be blindsided. The rest of the stuff with the he said, she said, well the judge doesn't want to hear that stuff. Tell her that when she does go to court, she can't get "crazy" with the hysterical crying.

Well, anyway, my son apologized to me for the period of time he wouldn't talk to be after this daughter had filed an RO against me, during my divorce. (I told him that wasn't necessary), he told me that he can now see clearly how she was manipulating things, and that she was ostracising me from the family. He told me that he thinks his sister actually believes all of the lies that she has told about me.

So anyway, my son and I are really "tight" right now, we have been a lot closer since his wedding, but things are even better right now.

My youngest daughter, well, she stayed over at my sister house on the 26th with me, and we are also getting closer. She was a terrific help to me in reconstructing the baby shower and getting invites out, that never went out.

So right now, I'm really good, no more crazy phone calls, and repairing the bonds with my 2 younger children.

((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
Merry Christmas, and Happy New Years
amy