View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
bemyself

Morning all - haven't caught up yet on all the posts that came in overnight.
This is one of those times where I actually WISH I could be transported to the cold (talk to me again about that once it's winter again here): it's been soooo humid, and pretty high temps - which taken together, as many would know, can make one feel quite ill. Esp those like me with things like lung disease and other chronic conditions.

I finally was able to get Bess out of the house early this morning, to the beach. Even there, whilst it was lovely walking along with my feet in the water, it was hot n humid. Came home sweating like a pig, followed by doing a bit of sweeping up of the vast leaves detritus from yesterday's strong northerly winds.

This tropical low (an intense one) is coming via the northerlies all the way from Central Australia, down to most of south and south eastern States. Won't cool down a little here in melbs till around Saturday.........

Anyway, yesterday, I've remembered (after so many summers...duh!) to get in some electrolyte drinks (Hydralyte) to have as well as all the water. And yes, as some of you know - I have been drinking (wine), most days; aside from all the other reasons not to drink, it of course adds to dehydration. I'll do my very best to keep away from it today; if I do cave later on, I know to keep it limited and to eat what I can manage (have near-zero appetite in the heat even sober). If only for the sake of the old bod.

I'm sorry to everyone who might be offended by me posting during a relapse period, while you're working so very hard to get through this time sober. Having said that, though: reading and posting on SR helps keep me looking forward to sobriety again, and very importantly, actually helps my mental health to stay reasonably balanced. Of course, I rely on the mods to delete any of my posts if they're inappropriate. I always do my best to keep it from being unwieldy or over the top, truly.