Old 08-26-2005, 10:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
steve11694

Originally Posted by gazmix
Steve she did!, all the time were together recently, she brings up the past, the times we argued & the neglect & love i had for the bottle, the moods i was in, the lying & immaturity & lack of respect & love i showed for her!
Whenever i say something, she brings these times up & i don't blame her, but i find it hard (as she did) & hurtful (as she was hurt) to try & put these times behind me (as she cant) when i'm looking to the present, staying clean, the future, the great way i feel after 35 days!

Trust must be earned, but i live with the prospect of "will she ever think, yes he's quit", that i may be with her 2 years more & then start again & thats what she's scared of!

Do i need to be with her 24/7 to show her, we've talked about this & she says she must trust me, but to see my difference, as a person, does she have to see me all the time, or will she, as she knows me, be able to tell the difference?

I've told her that the selfishness, & all things that go with a drinker will be gone, the level moods & generosity will be evident, but will she be able to tell, i mean as far as she's concerned, i could be drinking now & when i see her i'd say i haven't. Will she be able to tell the change!??
Thanks
Gaz

It is possible she chooses to not forget the past. Perhaps she can forgive then.

Perhaps with your recovery you can do something positive with your life that your gf would admire and that you are genuinely interested in also?

Perhaps study with a specific goal, or undertake special training in something that can be used to brighten your future as sobriety will open doors for you.

"I was drowning in sorrow

But my sorrows they learned to swim"