Thread: The night of
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
CaptainM

Just reaching out to say hi, Beryelle. Sounds like we're in a similar boat (married, no kids). I'll tell you what I wish I had known a few months ago (you're already ahead of me!)
- Keep coming back to this site - SR has so many wonderful resources. People and posts and advice and more.
- Al-Anon. The first meeting I went to I dragged my feet going, but it was one of the greatest things I've done for myself I also enjoyed trying out a few different meetings (locations, times) because each one has a different vibe. And trust me, they're a very welcoming bunch!
- Al-Anon literature. Amazon.com has most of their books and they're so enlightening! I had my head in the sand about what alcoholism really is, and when I also started to learn more about it, my eyes opened up.
- Focus on you. Perhaps declare January "Beryelle Month" - do what you want to do and try some self care! (Exercise, eat well, drink water, sleep, watch or read what you want, and more!). I did this in August and it was a life changing month.

Wishing you the best ((((hugs)))) !