View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Gah. Sounds like my head when I'm feeling rattley.

When I get like that I quickly check my HALT triggers , just in case I forgot to eat or something silly like that (often it is the case, and a jacket potatoes with beans and cheese is all that is needed to help me get more clarity).

If all is well HALT wise, then I spend a little time in meditation / reflection and prayer using a prayer for humility. It lists all the things that kinda set my fear and ego up for a high-dive. It usually helps me suss out exactly where my niggles really are, and then I can go about setting ny crazy head back onto sane. Might be worth having a look at it...

Humility Prayer.

God. I pray for your helping in detaching from the DESIRE of being:
admired, loved, praised, favoured, accepted, consulted, well known, and honoured.

I pray for your help in detaching from the fear of being:
Criticised, ridiculed, humiliated, falsely accused, persecuted, disbelieved, despised, and forgotten.

Please grant me the grace to desire that others may be :
Admired more than I, praised when I am unnoticed, closed though I may be set aside, preferred to me, and increase in prominence though I remain hidden.

Although others will do what they want, I pray that you will use me for your will.
I pray that I will pause, and while I pause help me to remember to pray for guidance and grant me the humility to find willingness and discard willfulness. Help me to recognise my inner brat and not act on its whims.

And don't be scared of laying it down the line with regards to how long you're staying. If yiu need a people break, then take one. Feeling a little tired (of everyone) and needing some fresh air is enough of a reason for anyone. A walk and some time out makes most situations more bearable.

You have a clear idea of what they are like. Just accept that's how they are - acceptance isn't about giving your approval, and keep your expectations low. If that's what they've always been like, it's pointless getting cranky or taking it personally if they're still like it this time. It's just them. And that is not a reflection on you, or your choices, or your finances. It's just how it is, and how they are. Once we stop taking other people's stuff personally it's much easier to find that all-important acceptance.

Drive safe lovely lady xx