View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Susiequeue

My beautiful sister.....

I have not posted in a long time. Been consumed with taking care of business, as family members do.....

So, she died on 12/15/16. Fell down the stairs. She was 62 this month. What an appalling situation. The downward spiral had been escalating, and despite my predictions, I did not really think she would die. I thought something would happen to force the issue - a DWI, a non fatal injury, something to be "the bottom". I did not think she would die.

She refused help, when I even got close to winning her over about going to rehab, the show stopper for her was that she couldn't smoke. She may have been able to contemplate giving up brandy, but she could not conceive of being a non smoker.

She refused to go to the doctor, we watched her physical decline over the last 24 months and were helpless. She said she would call the police on us if we made her do anything she didn't want to do.

She was beautiful, smart as a whip and tragically sad. She leaves her sisters an, a daughter and 2 grandchildren.

My whole family is heartbroken........

Thank you all for the comfort you have provided me over the years. RIP my beautiful sissy.