View Single Post
Old 12-25-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Sodevastated

Originally Posted by hope778 View Post
SoDev - Please do not hesitate to take the medication. It is available for a reason. Looking back, I think I should have been on them myself after the birth of my son. I hid my depression (somehow) and I really should not have. It was scary at times. Please do not do that or even feel ashamed. Birth is beautiful, what our bodies endure and create is so beautiful and amazing, but our hormones can also cause very bad feelings. It is all natural, you are not crazy or alone in that! Please take the medication if you truly feel it could help. Do not for one moment feel guilt if you stop breastfeeding. I did not do it as long as initially planned. I know many moms who stopped or didn't do it because it did not work for them - and they were not ashamed in the least! Find strength in the fact that your body was capable of nurturing a human being and bringing him into the world. Its amazing, and you are a strong mommy!

I think you need to be surrounded by those who understand. It would be a strong lifeline for you to have - Alanon would really be a good next step. Whenever you are ready of course.

Praying for you always!
It feels relieving to hear your comments about the meds. I do have to take them to not go crazy and thank you for letting me know it's ok. I think it's more important to be able to take care of my son than to breastfeed him. After all I'm experiencing the worst time of my life and I have to take care of my baby at the same time. I think Alanon is the place for me to go soon.

hope