Old 08-26-2005, 12:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
steve11694

Originally Posted by gazmix
Thanks all, can we keep posting on this thread?
All your words are great & inspiring & thankyou.
Angelgirl, i can't stop loving my gf, i've made bad decisions, been an idiot & she don't believe my change, but i'm going to show her.
She wants to see me, but i'm scared of goiing to sleep, as i've been dreaming of her & this guy together! & when not asleep, i think of it & imagine them kissing & that my actions drove her to it!

Maybe your GF used to dream about you with your lover, alcohol. The personality changes, distorted thinking, etc etc, can be alot worse than your GF with a new BF. If they are not addicts at least there is a non-destructive relationship, perhaps.

Perhaps the hope of repatriation will even drive your recovery to greater levels.

Put yourself in her shoes. After dealing with an alcoholics crap she needs a change. It is positive and even consistent with her own recovery.

She very well may still love you but try to understand sane people do not wish to get sucked into the insanity of addiction. Even family of addicts reach a point when they separate physically.

You need to become a role model for staying straight, then maybe you can get her back.