View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Tetra

I am so exhausted.
We used to have Christmas dinner at my Grandmother's. My mom would cook everything and bring it over to her house on Christmas Day. There would be about 10 of us.

Since she died we now have Christmas dinner here on Christmas Eve. My brother and his wife come here and have turkey with us then on the 25th they go to her parents house for more turkey. Honestly, my nerves are shot.

My mom needs constant reassurance. She said something to me at the dinner table (I ignored but it was tough), then something to my brother then something to my sister to which she responded "Oh are you picking on me now as well?" I was supposed to go to church with my dad but I was too tired after dinner that I collapsed into bed for an hour.

I got up and went to talk to my mother. I had left the door ajar and she goes "was the dinner ok?" I was like "yeah very good thanks'. She said "your brother's wife didn't say it was nice once". I hissed at her "Jeez the door is open! Could you please be quiet".

It's this attitude of talking about people behind doors which is common among my mother's family which I really cannot stand.

I told them I would stay here until the 29th - 30th and then I am off back to town as I want to meet friends for New Year's Eve. Truthfully I am not sure what I will be doing but I just want quiet time before I go back to work.

There is always this tension when my mom and sister in law are together in one room. It is exahusting. Hopefully my brother won't explode before the departure tomorrow. Although they are coming back after a few days I think.

Does anyone else's family have this?